With the continued and growing emphasis on sustainability in construction we could be on the verge of a radical shift in how we think about the current stock of buildings. The time may be coming when we stop planning for building replacement, and instead plan for building reuse. That in turn would significantly change the roles of designers and builders.
Learn how to market your contractor business professionally. In depth knowledge of attracting clients with online marketing strategies and deep thinking about who you want your clients to be.
The housing industry has proceeded at a red-hot pace for several years running. An all-time record was set in 1998, when 886,000 new-site single family homes were sold. That represented a 10% gain from the robust total of 804,000 homes sold in 1997, and an 8.1% rise from the prior record of 819,000 units in 1977. Single-family housing construction accounted for $48 million of the total $125 million generated in the industry.
Last night, Construction was honored to accept a Best Builders Award from the Associated General Contractors of Vermont for the construction of the $31.3 million Vermont Public Health Laboratory. There is so much to celebrate about this project – from both a construction and community perspective – and it was so gratifying to have that impact formally recognized in the contracting community.
A forklift used at one construction site might not be the best for another. Specific construction tasks vary, as do weight and size needs. Terrain and environmental factors can make a difference when it comes to the effectiveness of your forklift. A forklift buyers guide like this can help you find the right forklift for your needs.
Building a wood fired clay oven is a fun project and when you get done you’ll have fun using it too. It is however a moderately challenging project. So if you aren’t of sound body and mind, get help, or don’t do it.
Happy Fourth of July From FSR Services.
FSR Services would like to wish everyone a Happy (and Patriotic) Fourth of July!
In honor of this national holiday and those that fight to protect our independence, we have put a video to remind us why we celebrate the Fourth of July and to remind us to keep the American Dream Alive!
For some, just the thought of installing a new roof on their home can cause nightmares of wasted money, disasters and never ending headaches!
So we decided to give you this cool “Roofing Check-list”.
We hope this gives you everything you need to save money and achieve a new roofing installation free of nightmares or headaches!
Before you accept a bid / contract
- Ask your roofer for local roofing projects they have completed in your area and BE SOCIAL!
1. Make sure that the projects are references (real people who can be contacted)
2. Be Social & speak to the homeowners.
3. Ask them about the price, the quality, customer service, timeline & the clean up.
- Do your best to compare the base price of different roofing materials.
- Always consider Trustworthiness, Level of Skill and Experience over a cheaper price.
1. It’s always nice to find a roofing solution that fits your budget…but be careful!
2. We hear a ton of roofing horror stories from homeowners needing our help.
3. The worst stories usually involve an inexpensive, inexperienced roofer who either vanished during the middle of the project or they didn’t properly install the roof.
- Comparing local roofing contractors can help to weed out your risky options
- Avoid roofers who are lacking business & financial stability
1. Do they have a physical place of business?
2. Think about it. If the roofer you choose to install your new roof goes out of business…what happens to your labor warranty when something goes wrong?
Roofing Bids / Estimates / Contracts
- Roofing Leaks
1. If your new roof leaks within a certain period of time from the installation…who is responsible?
- How long will this take?
1. Installing a new roof involves a great deal of construction work
2. Make sure you and your roofer agree on a time table regarding how long your roof will be off and how long their equipment will be on your residential property
3. Discuss terms regarding the clean up process after they are finished
- Warranties and Guaranties
1. We would not recommend choosing a roofer who does not offer at least one of these
2. Make sure to discuss terms and conditions of any Warranty or Guaranty
3. What does it cover? (Labor, materials, etc.)
- The best roofing material for your roof
1. During your roofing consultation, ask your roofer about what materials would be best for your roof.
2. Ask about colors and styles that could help increase your home’s curb appeal
For an expert Houston roofing consultation click here or call FSR Services today @ (281) 852-9555
The last few months have blessed us with some perfect (yet irregular) temperatures. It’s been a nice change from the extreme summer heat. Also, the mosquitoes have begun to die off and our worries of the devastating West Nile virus outbreak are slowly fading away (along with the 2012 election madness).
On to your November Home Maintenance Tips!
Note: We want everyone to be safe; if you don’t quite understand how to complete a task or if you don’t feel comfortable with doing something we recommend on your own…please contact a professional.
We do not recommend any roofing maintenance tips – since there is an obvious risk of falling. We do highly recommend that you contact us to set up bi-annual or annual Houston roofing maintenance with us as soon as possible. (281) 852-9555
For the most part, most Houstonian’s yearly gardening days are now on hold, and there are only a few gardening tasks that should be tended to this month.
November Home Maintenance Checklist
1 – Change out your HVAC filter
2 – Test your Smoke Detector
3 – Make sure to clean your oven / ovens early on this month, before the holiday baking and cooking begins.
4 – Even though the leaves are not falling in huge number right now…they will be very soon! So make sure to keep your free and clear with regular cleaning. (Contact us for gutter solutions that will keep you off of that ladder and your gutters leaf free!)
Gardening & Yard Maintenance Checklist
1 – Make sure to relocate sensitive potted plants & herbs into areas where they can receive longer periods of direct sunlight (or simply move them inside).
1.2 – Additionally, make sure you keep these guys watered.
2 – Any gardening tools that were used throughout the year need to be cleaned, oiled and put away.
3 – Keep an eye on your weather app or on the weather channel. Watch out for hard freeze or frost warnings. Ensure that you cover any shrubs or plants that could be damaged during these types of harsh weather conditions.
4 – If you haven’t taken the time this year to apply mulch around your rose bushes, flower beds or shrubs…now would be a good time for this. Being proactive and applying mulch, will help give your garden an insulated layer of protection, against freezing temperatures and increase their chances of staying healthy until spring!
5 – When the leaves actually begin to fall, rake them up as quickly as possible and instead of trashing them…create a compost pile for your garden!
Other maintenance tips to consider
If you plan on traveling over the holidays, be sure you start getting those travel plans finalized!
1 – If you’re planning on driving, make sure your vehicle is up to date on its tune up, oil change, antifreeze and that all other fluids are topped off.
2- Get to work on those gift giving lists, holiday card lists and make sure you’re all stocked up on wrapping paper!
We hope you have a safe and happy 2012 holiday season.
Remember to have your roof checked by one of our expert Houston roofing professionals as soon as possible. All of these tips can help save you time, money and a whole lot of headaches.
Better Business Bureau Recognizes FSR Services with Awards for Excellence Winner of Distinction
FSR Services (Local Houston Roofing Company) recently received the 2012 Awards for Excellence Winner of Distinction Award at the Better Business Bureau Awards for Excellence luncheon held this 2012 spring at the InterContinental Houston Near the Galleria. FSR Services would like to express their sincere appreciation to the BBB and to all of their valued customers. FSR Services is honored to be recognized by the BBB for service excellence.
The BBB Awards for Excellence recognizes businesses and non-profits for their achievements and commitment to overall excellence and quality in the workplace. Proceeds from the event help fund the BBB Education Foundation which educates consumers about scams and fraudulent business practices in the Greater Houston area.
When asked what it means to FSR Services to receive this recognition, Steve Seibert (Owner of FSR Services), states “We work hard to provide top notch consumer oriented services to the Humble, Kingwood and Houston Metro areas. This award, that we are honored to receive, may recognize our company for our efforts in providing great service…but this public message is intended to recognize our highly valued customers. Because without their business and their support, FSR Services wouldn’t stand a chance in this industry. To our customers, we would like to once again say Thank You for your business, your continued support and all of your kind words.”
505 N. Ave C
Humble, Texas 77338